Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Music Withdrawl


I recently took a trip to Thailand, (which you can read all about in my other blog: With Love, by Amanda) but the focus of this post is the musical experience I had while I was there. I always knew music was important, but until it was taken away from me, I did not realize how dependent I had become on it.

I was gone for two weeks, during which I had little to no access to a computer, or electricity for that matter. What this meant is that I had two 25+ hours on a plane, several long bus trips, and a lot of down time, all making their demands from my Ipod battery, with no chances of recharging it. 

I am an anxious traveler, and music is my way to escape or get out of a bad mood, so this was not a happy thought. I responsibly conserved power; listening only while I was trying to sleep on the plane, and allowing myself only 1 hour of music per bus trip. Each time I plugged my ears in it was a sweet relief, I instantly relaxed and my mind calmed. It worked, I had adequate battery for the long plane ride home and I am more inspired than ever to create more designs from my favorite songs.

Tomorrow I will be posting the design I just completed for “Light Outside”, by Wakey Wakey! “Breakable” by Ingrid Michealson is still in the works and will be posted within a week.  Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment